Safe Distancing Measures ORIGIN Series
The health and well-being of our participants, spectators and volunteers, and ensuring the safe delivery of the events are our utmost priorities. We are constantly monitoring the situation and will regularly update plans according to the guidelines of Singapore’s Ministry of Health.
The following extra precautionary steps will be implemented to ensure the safety of all our participants at the 2021 MetaSprint Series, and to comply with Singapore Government regulations.
We would appreciate your best cooperation to support and abide by the measures listed below:
- You must book a racing time slot, and arrive at the venue at the time communicated to you.
- Do not arrive earlier than your arrival time communicated.
- Do your warm-up away from the venue.
- We will do a temperature check of all our participants, accompanying family members, spectators, staff, volunteers and contractors prior to anyone entering the race venue. Anyone with a temperature of 38 degrees or higher will not be able to enter the venue and join the event.
- You must download the Trace Together app or use the Trace Together token for check-in and out (Apple users download; Android users download).
- Your race pack containing your number bib, timing chip and chosen athlete goodies will be distributed pre-race from your chosen Decathlon store.
- You may pass through the entry gates only at the time you are allocated.
- You will join a 50 person bubble with the other athletes in your wave group, and will be led by your Wave Marshal through your pre-race preparations (race preparation, transition, bag deposit, warm-up swim, race start).
- You must wear a face mask up until your warm-up swim, and immediately after you finish your race.
- You have a 10-minute period to catch your breath in the recovery area after crossing the finish line, after which time you must collect your belongings from bag deposit and leave the venue. Do not linger outside the venue after you finish your race.
- You must stay 2-metres away from other participants, volunteers and pedestrians at all times before, during and after the race.
- Drink stations will be available on the run course, however you must collect your own cup from the tables.
- Please do not bring any spectators with you to the race venue. One parent is permitted to accompany minors.
- You must comply with any public health and/or safety directions of Organising staff; ambassadors; police; or government or health authorities during your race.
- Please don’t hug or shake hands with any other athletes (even if you set a PB!).
- We will have hand sanitiser available in the areas of higher traffic density (entry point, exit point, info booth).
- We will hand your finisher’s medal to you (and not put it around your neck as we normally do).
- We will provide you with a new face mask to wear after you cross the finish line.
- We will ask you to remove and hand over your timing chip to our volunteers before you leave the finish area.
- Live results will be available to view on your smartphone
Please also adhere to the general Covid-19 guidelines:
- If you feel unwell (i.e. fever, cough) please stay at home and do not participate in the race
- If someone in your household has tested positive for the virus, please stay at home for a period of 14 days.
- Maintain good personal hygiene by regularly washing hands using soap and water or alcohol-based (at least 65–70%) hand sanitiser for 20 seconds
- If you are over 65 years old, or have a health condition please take greater preventive measures