Rules & Regulations – DIGITAL
The “MetaSprint Series DIGITAL” is an event concept that is halfway between the traditional ‘mass-participation’ event and a virtual event.
Key event characteristics:
- Athletes choose an event; either the Aquathlon, Duathlon, Triathlon or Run.
- Athletes follow a fixed route for each event.
- Athletes start and finish at fixed locations.
- Athletes start at a time slot chosen during registration.
- Athletes record their race using the racing app to validate their race.
PERSONAL HEALTH RISKS & PRECAUTIONS
- Participants must follow all public health and safety instructions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, communicated pre-event.
- All participants must follow the following COVID-19 general guidelines:
- A participant who feels unwell (i.e. fever, cough) should stay at home and not participate in the race.
- If someone in a participant’s household has tested positive for the virus, the athlete should stay at home for a period of 14 days.
- Participants should maintain good personal hygiene by regularly washing hands using soap and water or alcohol-based (at least 65–70%) hand sanitiser for 20 seconds.
- Participants over 65 years old, and any person with compromised health conditions should take greater preventive measures.
- Participants must book a time slot to start their event using MetaSport’s chosen portal.
- Participants must start their event within the time slot chosen, or they will be disqualified.
- Participants must comply with any public health and/or safety directions from the MetaSport staff, representatives, contractors, police, health authorities or other government authorities.
- Participants must comply with health safety screening and contact tracing activities by methods selected by MetaSport.
- Participants must scan in and out using the Trace Together app or Trace Together token for contact tracing in relation to the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Participants must adhere to a 2-metre safe distance from others at the start and finish points, and during the event.
- Participants must wear a safety mask at all times prior to the start and after the finish.
- Athletes reported to ignoring safe distancing measures on the course or at the venue will be disqualified.
- MetaSport reserves the right to limit and refuse entries.
- MetaSport reserves the right to amend the race rules without prior notification.
- MetaSport reserves the right to amend the event course and venue without prior notice to participants.
- MetaSport will not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete and/or incorrect entry details given by the participants.
- Age category is determined by the participant’s age on 31 December 2021.
- Participants must be 16 years old on 31 December 2021 to compete in the Digital events.
- Certain changes to race entry are permitted until registration closing date. An admin fee of S$20 will apply per change.
- All changes must be made at least two weeks before the event period.
- Once the registration form has been processed, there will be no fee refund for the participants who, for whatever reason, eventually do not take part.
- MetaSport has overall authority over the event results and interpretation of the event rules.
- All results and rankings will be based on ‘real time’, which is the time from the participant starting the app at the starting line till crossing the finishing point.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to start and finish at the correct location and complete the correct course.
- Participants must complete the event during the stated event period and ensure the tracking data has been captured successfully by the event racing app during this period.
- Participants may complete the course only once, and upload only one set of event data for inclusion in the official results. Participants with duplicate data will be disqualified.
- A swim safety buoy must be used for increased visibility and athlete safety.
- Fins, paddles, pool buoys, snorkels or any other swimming aids are not allowed.
- Wetsuits are not allowed.
- Support crews are not allowed.
- Cyclists must keep to the left side of the road at all times.
- Roads are not closed to traffic, therefore cyclists must adhere to all regular traffic and road rules.
- All cyclists must wear helmets with straps secured.
- Support vehicles and crews are not permitted.
- Cyclists must ensure that their bicycle is in good working condition.
- Drafting is not allowed.
- You are considered drafting when you are within 5 metres of another participant’s rear wheel or riding next to someone within 2 metres. You are allowed 15 seconds in someone’s draft zone to overtake. Once overtaken, a participant must drop immediately back out of the draft zone
- Types of bikes allowed: road bikes, tri bikes, city bikes, hybrid bikes, mountain bikes, foldable bikes, mini velos
- Types of bikes not allowed: tandems (unless para-athlete), reclining bikes, fixed gear bikes, unicycles
- Support vehicles or pacers are not allowed.
- Runners must run on the designated path for the entire route.
MetaSport reserves the right to disqualify a participant if he or she:
- Does not meet the age criteria
- Fails to pass through all checkpoints along the route
- Completes the event outside the allowed time period
- Uses a vehicle or a another athlete to record their event, or seeks to improve their ranking by any other illegal means
- Uploads two or more sets of event data
- Gives incorrect personal information
- Argues with or confronts any event officials
- Completes the event disciplines in the incorrect order
- Completes the route in the incorrect direction
- Disputes and appeals must be made by electronic mail within one day of the results being published on the event website.
- MetaSport reserves the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal once the appeal period has passed.
- Protests must be submitted in accordance with the following procedure:
- To MetaSport,
- In writing using the Official Protest Form,
- Within one day from the time the official results are posted on the event website.
- The decision of the Appeal Committee is final and MetaSport will not consider any appeal nor enter into any correspondence with Participants.
- MetaSport reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the venue, date or time of the Event.
- MetaSport reserves the right to amend any rules and regulations without prior notice.
- Failure to observe the rules and regulations shall result in disqualification and no refund will be given. MetaSport, their partners, staff and/or agents will not be held responsible for any claims arising out of any death or injury, damage or loss, suffered or caused while attending this event, and this includes all costs and expenses incurred as a result of such claims.
- MetaSport reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the event, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising and distribution to sponsors and partners.
- Photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes by the official photographer and/or videographer, and may be used for print, social media and on online/electronic platforms owned or managed by MetaSport. MetaSport owns all rights to the photographs and video recordings. If you do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of you, please inform MetaSport.